Re: .. slider -- fixing R 4.2.2-only bug in as.Date.POSIXlt()

On 10 November 2022 at 14:04, Martin Maechler wrote:
| Well, yes, inadvertently, that would be the consequence.
|
| But more generally, would you really want a version a version
| of R 4.2.2  which is *not* R 4.2.2  but a patched version of it,
| buyt not called "patched".
|
| I think we (R-core) would very strongly not like that..

Yes as that is how (minimal) patches get applied and reported in ChangeLog.
Some packages (gcc, ...) fairly regularly carry patches.

What you propose (jump point blank to 4.2.2.patched which has not release
number is really no cleaner).

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org