Re: help with running tests for rails using gems

On 06/04/2013 03:43 PM, Praveen A wrote:
2013/6/4 Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>:
Don't apply the previous patch.

I can reproduce the above error with the following commands:

rails new foobar
cd foobar
rails generate scaffold Product title
rake db:migrate
rake test

Relevant line in testapp/test/test_helper.rb:

require File.expand_path('../../config/environment', __FILE__)

These errors may be related.  The latter error is clearly a Rails problem.

Did you update your environment to get fixes that went in yesterday?

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

I used 'sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade' instead. Is that a problem?

The above sequence of commands work for me.

What version of rack do you see?  Rails 3.2 doesn't appear to like rack 1.5.

$ gem list rack

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

rack (1.5.2)

- Sam Ruby