Western Digital

I know that this is an off topic posting, so flame me in private e-mail
if you must, but don't add to my imposition by doing it on the list.
I'm working on "the machine from hell" for a client. The task was to give
him more than 40 Meg of disk storage (yes, this is a VERY old 486). I
have a used 200 meg Western Digital Caviar(TM) 1210 IDE drive I was just
going to add to the machine, but there is no mounting point for a second
drive in this case. I figured, what the heck, just put the new drive in
place of the old and don't worry about the lost 40 Meg. So I temporarily
hooked up both drives: the 40 meg as master with slave present, and the
200 meg drive as slave. Transferring the disk worked fine, but when I
rejumpered the 200 meg as master (and redid setup) the drive will not
come up. I get a "hard disk controler" error. Now, I can drill some holes
in the bottom of the case and mount the new drive below the floppy rack,
but I'm concerned about heat disipation.
My problem is that I can't find my Merisel catalogue (I love the list of
distributers and their phone numbers, other than that Merisel is too
expensive for me) and Western Digital doesn't have a listing in the 800
directory so I haven't been able to get hold of them. Does anyone know of
a tech support number for WD? Has anyone experienced this problem who
knows of a solution (asside from throwing the drive in a dumpster)?

I return you now to your regularly scheduled program...

TIA,

Dwarf