problem with automounter

Hi.  I'm running mostly the latest and greatest debian stuff, along
with kernel 1.3.79.  I'm on a network of mostly suns, and they use nis
and yp for logins, along with amd for automagically mounting /home
accounts.  I have my account on my linux box, but I still need to be
able to access my acocunt from the suns.

When I first boot up, everything works flawessly -ie, I log into a
solaris workstation, it automounts my account from the linux box no
problem, and off I go.  After a few hours, however, the linux box
quits allowing the solaris boxes to access my account.  As a matter of
fact, it's not rejecting the requests, it's just hanging.  (I know
this because when this happens, the mail server builds up to a load of
30 or 40 after a little while, trying to deliver the mail to my
account.)

The linux box produces no errors in the logs except an occasional:
Mar 28 14:34:42 kapoor1 amd[113]: make_entry_chain: no more space in chain
Mar 28 14:35:34 kapoor1 last message repeated 3 times

Anyone know enough about amd to know what this means?  Sorry if this
is not strictly a debian question - this seemed like the most
appropriate place to ask.

Later,
	Dale