Once burned...

Hi all,

I hope this is the right list for utterly and incredibly new Linux newbies.
I had another distribution my machine but it was too old to recognize most
of my hardware to I gave it away. I'm waiting now for Debian 2 to start
anew but I wanted to be sure my hardware will work with this one. Hope you
can help.

I have a Logitech TrackMan Marble (same connector as the standard PS/2 port
mouse), an HP DeskJet 820 CSE on LPT1, an ATI Video Expression+ (Direct
Draw) video card, and a Sound III 336SP Sound Card and 333 modem
combination (OEM stuff). The other Linux either didn't recognize any of
them or I couldn't figure out how to make it; actually I never had the
chance to try the modem.

The other Linux did recognize both my hard drives and my CD.

Sorry to be so wordy but I'd rather not set it all up again only to find I
can't use it. Anyway, is there a way to find out specifically if Debian 2
will be able to support my hardware?

Thanks much.

NN
        .___.