Solved JDK/Display error

Thanks to Paul Reavis and others for your help.  I was getting the following
error message:

*************
'appletviewer
/usr/local/jdk1.1.5/demo/awt-1.1/lightweight/OpenlookButtons/example.html'

My error message was:
java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0' as
the value of the DISPLAY variable.
*************

I was trying to run the appletviewer outside Xwindows.  Inside Xwindows
there was no "display error" message.  Pretty silly actually.

I did notice, while trying to solve this problem that there wasn't a
'/etc/X0.hosts' file.  I guess this is ok.  Xwindows somehow solves the
'xwindow access permission' configuration without this file.

To Paul Reavis: I plan to upgrade to Debian 2.0 eventually. Being new to
Linux, however, I thought it best to get the system I have running first
before trying to make improvements.

Thanks again.

Dennis Dixon
P.O. Box 1896