Re: ppp analog bonding w/ eql

On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 08:19:55AM +0800, Lindsay Allen wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Debian Mailing List wrote:
>

> > hi there i am a newbie and was wondering if anyone has or know how to use
> > two modems or more to dial up to a isp and bond all the lines together..
> >
> > my isp currently uses ascend dial-up servers and supports 56k modems
> >
> > --kim
>
> Using here quite successfully.  But check with your provider that he has
> only one box as both modems must be connected to the same box.  If he has
> multiple boxes you might have to make a lot of calls to achieve this.
>
> What we need is multi-link ppp.  Available (so I'm told) for FreeBSD and
> W95 but not for Linux.
Hmm, no... There is support for the (semi?) standard multilink ppp protocol
under development... It is not in the standard kernel yet, and I don't remember
the www site, but an altavista search for "ppp multilink protocol" +linux
should get it for you.

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :