Re: ppp analog bonding w/ eql

On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 08:19:55AM +0800, Lindsay Allen wrote:
> Using here quite successfully.  But check with your provider that he has
> only one box as both modems must be connected to the same box.  If he has
> multiple boxes you might have to make a lot of calls to achieve this.
>
> What we need is multi-link ppp.  Available (so I'm told) for FreeBSD and
> W95 but not for Linux.
>
> There is an eql package.  Contact me by email if you need help.

I couldn't find the package but I compiled the source off sunsite ok
(I think, some source hacks required) on a bo system. I'm trying to play
around with parallel ethernet. One of the networks is my regular
ethernet, the other is another I've added between two machines.
I've configured the addresses and the second ethernet is working fine.
I eql_enslaved the devices on each end and added a route to the eql
device, but can't ping and there's no sign of any traffic being sent.
/proc/net/dev lists lots of packets being dropped on the eql device,
nothing sent or received.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Hamish