Re: enable rlogin with PAM? (pam setup)

On Thu, Jun 25, 1998 at 05:52:15PM -0700, Jeff Raubitschek wrote:
> I havent taken the time to figure out how to use PAM yet and i just
> upgraded to debian hamm.  Unfortunately now rlogin doesnt work.
>
> I understand the basic concepts behind PAM and have tried adding
> "auth  sufficient  /lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so"
> to my login pam config file.
>
> but that didnt seem to solve the problem.  When is this file loaded.  how
> do I get it to be reread? or did i do something wrong?
>
> Could it be possible to make this an installation choice.
> Asking user: "Allow rlogin? [y/N] "
>
> or make therlogin pam setup correct by default (if this isnt a security
> risk)?
Er... I'm not sure if PAM is used by default in Debian. At least, I don't think
that all the programs that could (should?) use it. Maybe someone else has more
info? PAM always looked interesting, but not quite stable yet, and lacking the
program support it really needed. But, I definitely want to play with it if it
is standard on Debian.

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :