Problem w/ network card during boot

Hi,

I have a problem when switching on the power. A module named
"seeq8005" seems to be probing and successfully detecting
"something". I suspect seeq8005 is a network h/w, because it
will be given device eth0. Later in the boot sequence my NE2000
card is successfully probed and given eth1.

When I reboot, seeq8005 either won't probe or fails to probe
because the NE card will be eth0 (as it should be). It is only
after a power on the seeq8005 conflicts w/ my NE card. The
reported io addresses are NOT the same; seeq8005 reports 0x300
and 0x240 for the NE card.

I'm using the latest distribution previous to the 2.0 beta. The
problem appears on both of my installed hosts. I can't any reference
to seeq8005 in the modconf program either.

Anybody got an idea?

Regards,

/Gunnar
begin:          vcard