Re: more info on dhcpcd problem

> that having been said, there is something flaky about the dhcp/dhclient setup
> on
> debian; i cannot understand why it works and then, when the cable co that I
> connect
> to has changed my ip or other features, i cannot connect; the purpose of dhcp
> is to
> be dynamic, is it not?

dhcp works off of a lease.  You are given the IP for some period 'n'.  If the
IP changes before the lease is out, the cable co is misbehaving.  As it gets
close to lease time out, dhcp clients ask for an extension, if not you get a
new IP.

The dhcp in potato is a much happier thing in my experience.  It is trivial to
compile.