Re: Another try - help to fix arrow keys in X

*- On  3 Sep, Kent West wrote about "Re: Another try - help to fix arrow keys in X"
> Brian Servis wrote:
>
>   <snip about some keys not working in X>
>
>> So it looks like your keymap is all messed up.  Are you running xmodmap
>> or anything at the start of your xsession?  Try using xev again and
>> walking through all your keys, maybe you will see a pattern. You could
>> also try using xkeycaps for the same purpose.
>>

> Key	Keycode     according to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86
> ---	-------     ----------------------------------------------------
> Up	111                         98
> Down	116                         104
> Left	113                         100
> Right	114                         102
> Ins	118                         106
> Del	119                         107
> Home	110                          97
> End	115                         103
> PgUp	112                          99
> PgDn	117                         105
> PrtScrn	107                 111
> SrlLck	 78                  78
> Pause	127                         110
> NumLck	 77                  77
> /	106                         112
[snip]
> Enter	104			    108

                             This is what I have on my system.

If you are not modifying the defaults in any way as you stated then I
can only guess that your keycodes/xfree86 file is corrupt in some way.
I grepped all the files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/keycodes for DOWN and
none showed a keycode of 116 for DOWN.  You might try reinstalling the
xlib6g package(that contains the keycodes) and see if that fixes it.

Strange,

--
Brian