Re: A plea for some peace

tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> Some people feel that this General Resolution would improve Debian,
> and others think it would harm Debian; generally the differences
> relate to what an individual thinks is most wonderful about Debian.
> For those who prize its great number of well integrated packages, any
> reduction in the number of packages is a detriment.  For those who
> prize its commitment to free software, ending the "non-free"
> compromise is seen as an asset.

Wrong. I'm a free software person (as people who know me will
testify), but I know from experience that forcing your ideology down
people's throats is not the way to persuade them. I believe this GR
will actually damage the reputation of the free software community -
it'll make us look like a bunch of ideological extremists.

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."