Re: Package conflicts outside of Extra

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 01:46:12PM -0400, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I'm not criticizing your actions here, just giving an example of a
> package conflict.  There are many reasons why conflicts will be
> inevitable; my concern is not to make there be no conficts, but to do
> the right thing when there are: move all but one package into Extra.

I hope you can appreciate my frustration, though, when I propose 3 distinct
alternatives to this action and they are ignored.  There is no fundamental
reason multiple display managers cannot be installed and coexist; and I
think people taking an advocacy position WRT compliance with this aspect of
policy must be willing to entertain multiple possible methods of
conformance.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    You don't just decide to break Kubrick's
Debian GNU/Linux               |    code of silence and then get drawn away