Re: KDE: a plan how to solve that

[ /me puts on his XFree86 package maintainer hat ]

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 08:59:32AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > Kdebase also has kdm which includes xdm source. But the Debian
> > packaging has kdm in a seperate package. This could be skipped if it's
> > felt to be a license issue.
>
> kdm was derived from xdm, which was not originally GPLed code.

I concur.  xdm is under the MIT license, which is GPL-compatible.

> However, it's good practice to put kdm in a separate package for the
> same reason that xdm is in a separate package.

It's such a good practice that if you deviate from it I'm likely to come
after you with heavy artillery.  :)

Also, you may want to check over the recently accepted policy proposals
regarding X packages.  These will impact the KDE packages in a big way.
(See <http://bugs.debian.org/debian-policy>.)

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |         "Bother," said Pooh, as he was