Re: The nature of unstable (was: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

Steve Greenland wrote:

> There is nothing stopping anyone from making snapshot releases of
> unstable. Mirror the archive. Burn a CD. Done. That's what a snapshot
> is.

As one of the many people who does not have cheap, fast, reliable
internet access, I would like to say that for me to mirror 650 MB
of debian and burn a CD of it would cost around $130 in charges
and 2 and a half days of straight downloading if I was lucky.
Probably much longer.

So I'd like snapshots, but really I run stable run until the
moment frozen becomes stable at which I can get a CD on which
everything has a good chance of working, because if anything
breaks I'm pretty much stuffed.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>

Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.
It was this kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.