Re: DUL (was Re: RBL report..)

>>"Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

 Hamish> On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 02:38:24AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> The problem with DUL is that they don't care if the people
 >> blocked ever sent any spam. The have the wrong color ski^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
 >> type of connection, and must be the enemy.

 Hamish> The analogy is flawed.

        Really? I am born with my skin colour, and I have access to a
 DUL. When you have money to send to me to pay for static access here
 in the boondocks, talk to me further.

 Hamish> Solutions have been offered several times owner for
 Hamish> DUL-listed or potentially DUL-listed users.  All of which
 Hamish> should not be too difficult to set up for a Debian developer.

        You want to blacklist me, and you tell me I can ride on the
 bus if I sit in the rear seats? That these seats are
graciously provided for us DUL folks?

 Hamish> You see, DUL users don't reject mail from particular people,
 Hamish> just from particular addresses.

        On what basis?

 Hamish> You just have to route your email to me through a trusted
 Hamish> mail server.

        Yup, move along to the back of the bus. You can' sit in the
 front (use your own SMTP server)  unless you have the wherewithal to
 (skin color) to afford a static IP.

        Smells like bigotry to me.

 Hamish> It's a bit like the no junk mail sticker on my
 Hamish> letter box; you're not welcome to drop things in my mailbox
 Hamish> directly, but if you post them they'll arrive just fine.

        Frankly, I have aded you to my reject list. Yes, it is
 arbitary, but no more arbitary than  using DUL.

        The reject message I have put up is "This message comes from a
 server whose admin practices what we consider bigotry, and hence is
 rejected".

        I can reject legitimate mail with the best of the bigots.

        manoj
tired already of this flame war
--
 Performance: A statement of the speed at which a computer system
 works.  Or rather, might work under certain circumstances.  Or was