Re: YADW (Yeat another dpkg wishlist)

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> I was wishing for Diety to take all the configuration information up-front
> ;-)

All at the beginning or all the end is ok.  Scattered throughout the
installation is not.  Package configuration isn't yet a part of the
Deity design spec, right?  I ask because it's something that would
require cooperation from dpkg.

> How does doing a complete install on each package take longer than
> unpacking each package and then configuring each? It's the same amount of
> work in either case isn't it?

There's a significant amount of overhead involved in installing a
package.

Guy