Re: UNIX and ease of use

On Wed 04 Mar 1998, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Paul Slootman writes:
> > I'll try to figure out all that needs to be done to successfully use a
> > debian system as a masquerading dial-on-demand gateway to the internet.
> > When I do so, I'll report back.
>
> I didn't have to do anything special to get masquarading going with
> request-route.  I just set it up and it worked.

    # dpkg -i base/modutils_2.1.85-3.deb
    [...]
    Setting up modutils (2.1.85-3) ...
    [...]
    IMPORTANT NOTES
    1) Support for request-route has been dropped from modutils. If you
    used this feature please switch to diald.

I don't think that relying on request-route is a good idea...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands