Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before freezing Hamm

On Tue 10 Mar 1998, Mark Baker wrote:

> > I had to search this info on the exim Mailing lists, since it wasn't
> > documented in the exim main page when I configured exim (is it now?).
>
> No. The file mails.gz in the debian package includes some information about
> using UUCP, though not in much detail; there are a few minor differences
> between the setup there and yours but it's basically similar apart from them
> using a dbm for the routing (presumably because they were a provider of UUCP
> rather than a customer)
>
> > An exim-UUCP-Howto is IMO badly needed.
>
> If you want to write one I'll include it in the package.

Maybe it would be sufficient to provide a UUCP option when configuring
exim?

I myself have tried out exim recently after being a smail user for a
long time (9 years, I believe).  It's great! I.e., another vote for
making it the standard debian MTA.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl