Re: An 'ae' testimony

Enrique Zanardi writes:
>On Sun, May 23, 1999 at 01:33:43AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
>> I really thing Tom's Root Boot or something similar is the way to go. Tom's
>> crams an amazing amount of stuff into one floppy, using tricks like
>> rewriting common unix utilities in awk so they take up less space.
>
>We have a lot of common unix utilities on just a single program: busybox.
>But Tom's disks use another little trick: non-common disk format (1680 KB
>IIRC). I tried using a non-common format for slink and almost drowned
>under the waterfall of bug reports, so I moved back to 1.44 MB. I'll try
>a different format for potato, let's see what happens...

OK, in that case we'll have to make a break between the boot _floppies_
and the floppy images used on the CDs. El Torito _only_ supports 720K,
1440K and 2880K. And I'm not sure about the last one...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
Use Debian GNU/Linux - upgrade your Windoze box today!  http://www.debian.org/