policy change to 3.0.0: not before release? (was: Re: when move /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc ?

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

> --OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 01:35:18PM +0200, Thomas Schoepf wrote:
> > > So when are we going to start moving /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc so we c=
> an be
> > > fully FHS compliant?  The more I think about it, the more obvious it is=
>  that
> >=20
> > Afaik, there's currently only a proposal to change our policy to FHS... as
> > soon as FHS is adopted, I'll change my packages accordingly.
>
> Policy 3.0.0.0 will include FHS finally.  I haven't looked at it closely
> yet but /usr/doc/package/examples needs to be dealt with prior to moving
> /usr/doc.  Come to think of it, can anyone provide a real example of
> something arch dependant that belongs in the examples directory?

I hope this change to policy will take place after the next release as
it means that all packages have to be recompiled and uploaded.

I think changes to policy that great should coincidence with the start
of a new development version.

Is there some information on when the change to the new policy will
take place?

(Note: I CC'ed -policy on this, but I am not subscribed to it. So
please keep -devel or CC me in person. Thanks.)

Jens

P.S.: Please vote against Spam! At
             http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
(Sorry Europeans only)
---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37