Re: gem2deb status update

On 24/03/11 at 20:16 -0700, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> > On 22/03/11 at 19:43 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I fixed a few minor things in gem2deb tonight. Current debian/TODO items
> > > that should be fixed before we can make the switch:
> > >

> > > 1) native packages should ship everything in the same binary package,
> > > not in 3 different packages.
> > > then, dependencies (shlibs) should be hacked accordingly.
> > >
> > > mail from Raphael Hertzog:
> > >
> > > Either you replace the dependency associated to the interpreters'
> > > libraries by providing debian/shlibs.local (or any other file that you
> > > indicate with -L) or you tell dpkg-shlibdeps to put the dependencies for
> > > the .so files of interest in another variable like ${shlibs:Suggest}
> > > (mixing -d and -e options as appropriate on the command line).
> >
> > I've worked on that. See my only-one-binpkg branch on github.
> >
> > Personally, I like it that way, but I would like others (esp. Antonio,
> > but others are welcomed too!) to review the changes and comment.
>
> Thanks for working on that. I reviewed your changes and I don't have
> comments so far.
>
> > go that way, there's still some cleanup to do:
> > - simplify lib/gem2deb/dh_ruby.rb and lib/gem2deb/dh_make_ruby.rb since
> >   we don't have to handle several binary packages anymore
> > - fix the test suite and reenable the tests that are failing
>
> I've tried to address both issues: see the branch with the same name as
> yours on my github repo.

Thanks!

I've uploaded a new version of gem2deb with the current git version,
this time to unstable.
Before that, I also made a change to allow to build only for specific
ruby versions. I haven't added any tests, it would be great if someone
could review the code and add some tests.

I'm now going to push ruby1.8 / ruby-defaults / ruby1.9.1 to unstable.

After that, I think that we could try to package a dozen of libs with
gem2deb, and upload them to unstable, to get a better idea of what is
still missing.

- Lucas