Re: kernel 1.3.xx compile problems..

I got a lot of sig 11 errors from gcc when I first started with linux.
I eventually narrowed it down to a bad SIMM module.  Is this a new
computer?  If so, that could be it.  DOS memory-checking programs do not
test the RAM as well as gcc does.  Mine checked out OK with the memory
checking programs I had, but a new module fixed my problem.

I have the same gcc as you (gcc-2.7.2-5.deb), and managed to compile the
kernel that came in the distribution (1.3.64) with no problems.

The only other thing it might be is if you ran out of swap space, but
the error should be different.

I doubt that the kernel version matters, but maybe.  Did you compile
1.3.64 successfully?  As another memory test, try to compile xv.  That
is a real memory checker.  I bet you get errors from that, too.

--

David L. Johnson         		dlj0@lehigh.edu, dlj0@netaxs.com
Department of Mathematics		http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html