Re: Can't compile 1.3.87 with libc5-dev

Dale Scheetz wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Stoyan Kenderov wrote:
>
> > Yesterday I tried to compile the 1.3.87 kernel and run into trouble
> > with the sound driver...
> >
> > I use debian pre 1.1 with gcc-2.7-2 and libc-5.2.18-1 and
> > libc5-dev-5.2.18-1.
> >
> > The errors I get when compilation reaches the sound driver are
> > inconsistencies between
> > /usr/include/gnu/types.h   and
> > /usr/include/linux/types.h
> >
> > My question is - should I replace the lib5-dev- stuff with the latest
> > revision or should I replace the new voxware-3.5.1 with the older one
> > that did compile?
> >
> Here is the answer from Linux-kernel:
>
> I just replaced /usr/include/gnu/types.h with a symbolic link
> pointing at /usr/include/linux/types.h.   All is well again here.

I was going to suggest that, but checked my machine first.  They are not the
same file.  I wonder if this will cause more problems elsewhere.  Or, maybe if
I tried to compile this module I might get the same error.  Is this an
"official" fix?

--

David L. Johnson         		dlj0@lehigh.edu, dlj0@netaxs.com
Department of Mathematics		http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html