Upcoming point releases and call for test
September 18th, 2011
The Debian Project is pleased to announce
that the upcoming point releases for Debian 5
Lenny and Debian 6
Squeeze are scheduled for October 1 and October 8
Squeeze 6.0.3 will ship updated Linux kernel packages,
including bug fixes from the Linux
longterm series up to
22.214.171.124, plus updated drivers supporting new gigabit Ethernet chips
from Broadcom, Intel and Realtek.
New packages for 32-bit PC, 64-bit PC and PowerPC are already available
for installation from the
The Debian Project invites interested users to test these
packages before their release, especially on systems that use the updated drivers.
The drivers being updated are:
- e1000e (bug #627700)
- Add support for i82567V-4 and i82579
- Fix support for i82577, i82578 and i82583
- igb, igbvf (bug #627702)
- Add support for i82576-ET2, i82580, DH89xxCC, i340 and i350
- r8169 (bug #627704)
- Fix support for RTL8102E and RTL8168DP
- Add support for RTL8105E, RTL8168E and another variant of RTL8168DP
- Add support for D-Link DGE-530T rev C1
- tg3, broadcom (bug #627705)
- Add support for BCM5717, BCM5719 and BCM57765
- Add support for BCM50610M and BCM5241 PHYs
- Fix support for BCM5755
Any problems found in the course of these tests should be reported to the Debian bug tracking system using the
The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers who volunteer their time and effort in order to produce the completely free operating system Debian GNU/Linux.
For further information, please visit the Debian web pages at https://www.debian.org/ or send mail to <email@example.com>.