Re: If Debian wants to grow, let it grow. Or: King James reading Anarchy FAQ

On Tuesday 23 March 1999, at 15 h 24, the keyboard of Rafael Laboissiere
<rafael@icp.inpg.fr> wrote:

> IMHO, what makes Debian stronger than other distributions, is that we
> (developers) feel ourselves as being part of a community.  This is exactly
> what made me abandon RedHat and come to Debian: our work is not considered
> "second class stuff" here.

[I agree]

> What is really called for is a better way to sort the packages by priority,
> such that we are able to build CD images with decreasing degrees of
> "relevance".

The main problem I see is that relevance is relative. I maintain several packages of biology. For the researcher in biology, they should have Priority:required. For the rest of mankind, Priority:useless.

We do not need only an axis of importance but also a plane of domains of interest.