Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before freezing Hamm

On Thu 12 Mar 1998, Mark Baker wrote:

> > > If you want to write one I'll include it in the package.
> >
> > Maybe it would be sufficient to provide a UUCP option when configuring
> > exim?
>
> Maybe. If anyone wants to supply a diff to eximconfig I'll consider
> including it.

Hmmm, I'll have a look (although I gave up my uucp link a couple of
months ago).

> The initial menu from eximconfig already only just fits a 25 line screen, so
> I don't really want to add another main entry.

Actually, the introductory paragraph scrolls off the screen... (see the
wishlist bug I reported today).

> > I myself have tried out exim recently after being a smail user for a
> > long time (9 years, I believe).  It's great! I.e., another vote for
> > making it the standard debian MTA.
>
> Did you use eximconfig? If so, how did you get on with it? As I already have
> a working, and moderately customised, configuration, I haven't actually run
> it myself except to test, so I'd very much like to hear of any problems with
> it, particularly if exim is going to be the standard in 2.0.

Hmmm, I think it went OK; I had to hack the generated config file anyway
because I needed to do some rewriting. AFAIK the "normal" stuff didn't
need any extra hacking.

I'll be upgrading my main system at work today or tomorrow (1.3.1 ->
hamm), so I'll see how that goes.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl