Errata for Buster Alpha 2
This is a list of known problems in the Buster Alpha 2 release of the Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here, please send us an installation report describing the problem.
- GNOME may fail to start with some virtual machine setups
- It was noticed during Stretch Alpha 4 image testing that
GNOME might fail to start depending on the setup used for virtual
machines. It seems using cirrus as an emulated video chip is fine.
Status: Being investigated.
- Desktop installations may not work using CD#1 alone
- Due to space constraints on the first CD, not all of the
expected GNOME desktop packages fit on CD#1. For a successful
installation, use extra package sources (e.g. a second CD or a
network mirror) or use a DVD instead.
Status: It is unlikely more efforts can be made to fit more packages on CD#1.
- Theme used in the installer
- There's no Buster artwork yet, and the installer is still using the Stretch theme.