Re: Rules of discourse for the mailing lists

Greg Vence <gvence@bellsouth.net> writes:

> 8)  Teasing, put-downs and sarcasm are not allowed.

Sarcasm not allowed?  Uh-oh.

I don't think any of these rules are appropriate for this mailing list
(save discouragement of profanity; I don't really care, but some
people are offended by it)

This is a technical list.  If some people choose to be rude then so be
it.  They will only make asses of themselves.

Lately we are getting a lot of posts which would be better suited to
debian-user.  A charter for each group might be useful.  For example,
ask for help with packaging issues on debian-devel.  Ask for help with
other things on debian-user.

Guy