Downloading Debian CD/DVD images via HTTP/FTP
Please do not download CD or DVD images with your web browser the way you download other files! The reason is that if your download aborts, most browsers do not allow you to resume from the point where it failed.
Instead, please use a tool that supports resuming - typically
described as a
download manager. There are many browser plugins
that do this job, or you might want to install a separate
program. Under Linux/Unix, you can use aria2, wxDownload Fast or (on the
wget -c URL or
curl -C - -L -O URL. There
are many more options listed in a comparison
of download managers.
The following Debian images are available for download:
- Official CD/DVD images of the
- Unofficial CD/DVD images for
stablewith non-free firmware included
CD/DVD images of the
testingdistribution (regenerated weekly)
- A complete list of debian-cd/ mirrors
network install(150-300 MB) images, see the network install page.
netinstimages of the
testingrelease, both daily builds and known working snapshots, see the Debian-Installer page.
To install Debian on a machine without an Internet connection, it's possible to use CD images (700 MB each) or DVD images (4.7 GB each). Download the first CD or DVD image file, write it using a CD/DVD recorder (or a USB stick on i386 and amd64 ports), and then reboot from that.
The first CD/DVD disk contains all the files necessary
to install a standard Debian system.
To avoid needless downloads, please do not download other CD or DVD image files unless you know that you need packages on them.
The following links point to image files which are up to 700 MB in size, making them suitable for writing to normal CD-R(W) media:
Be sure to have a look at the documentation before you install. If you read only one document before installing, read our Installation Howto, a quick walkthrough of the installation process. Other useful documentation includes:
- Installation Guide, the detailed installation instructions
- Debian-Installer Documentation, including the FAQ with common questions and answers
- Debian-Installer Errata, the list of known problems in the installer
If any of the hardware in your system requires non-free firmware to be loaded with the device driver, you can use one of the tarballs of common firmware packages or download an unofficial image including these non-free firmwares. Instructions how to use the tarballs and general information about loading firmware during an installation can be found in the Installation Guide.
Note that some mirrors are not up to date — before downloading, check the version number of the images is the same as the one listed on this site! Additionally, note that many sites do not mirror the full set of images (especially the DVD images) due to its size.
If in doubt, use the primary CD image server in Sweden, or try the experimental automatic mirror selector that will automatically redirect you to a nearby mirror that is known to have the current version.
Are you interested in offering the Debian CD images on your mirror? If yes, see the instructions on how to set up a CD image mirror.
- Argentina: debian.xfree.com.ar: HTTP
- Australia: debian.mirror.digitalpacific.com.au: HTTP
- Australia: mirror.rackcentral.com.au: HTTP
- Austria: debian.anexia.at: HTTP
- Belarus: ftp.byfly.by: HTTP
- Belarus: mirror.datacenter.by: HTTP
- Belgium: mirror.as35701.net: HTTP
- Brazil: debian.c3sl.ufpr.br: HTTP
- Canada: debian.mirror.estruxture.net: HTTP
- China: mirrors.hust.edu.cn: HTTP
- Croatia: debian.carnet.hr: HTTP
- Czech Republic: debian-cd.mirror.web4u.cz: HTTP
- Czech Republic: mirror.dkm.cz: HTTP
- Denmark: mirror.one.com: HTTP
- Denmark: mirrors.dotsrc.org: HTTP
- Ecuador: mirror.cedia.org.ec: HTTP
- Ecuador: mirror.uta.edu.ec: HTTP
- France: ftp.crifo.org: HTTP
- Germany: debian-cd.repulsive.eu: HTTP
- Germany: debian.inf.tu-dresden.de: HTTP
- Germany: debian.netcologne.de: HTTP
- Germany: ftp.gwdg.de: HTTP
- Germany: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de: HTTP
- Germany: ftp.uni-stuttgart.de: HTTP
- Germany: mirror.checkdomain.de: HTTP
- Germany: mirror.daniel-jost.net: HTTP
- Hong Kong: mirror.xtom.com.hk: HTTP
- Italy: giano.com.dist.unige.it: HTTP
- Japan: ftp.jaist.ac.jp: HTTP
- Japan: ftp.nara.wide.ad.jp: HTTP
- Japan: ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp: HTTP
- Japan: hanzubon.jp: HTTP
- Latvia: debian.koyanet.lv: HTTP
- Luxembourg: debian.mirror.root.lu: HTTP
- Netherlands: debian.snt.utwente.nl: HTTP
- Netherlands: mirror.nl.datapacket.com: HTTP
- New Caledonia: debian.lagoon.nc: HTTP
- Poland: ftp.ps.pl: HTTP
- Portugal: debian.uevora.pt: HTTP
- Portugal: mirrors.up.pt: HTTP
- Russia: ftp.psn.ru: HTTP
- Russia: mirror.mephi.ru: HTTP
- South Africa: ftp.is.co.za: HTTP
- Spain: ftp.cica.es: HTTP
- Sweden: cdimage.debian.org: HTTP
- Switzerland: debian.ethz.ch: HTTP
- Taiwan: debian.cs.nctu.edu.tw: HTTP
- Taiwan: ftp.ncnu.edu.tw: HTTP
- Turkey: ftp.linux.org.tr: HTTP
- Ukraine: debian.volia.net: HTTP
- United Kingdom: debian-iso.mirror.anlx.net: HTTP
- United Kingdom: ftp.ticklers.org: HTTP
- United States: debian.osuosl.org: HTTP
- United States: mirrors.bloomu.edu: HTTP