Debian Installer 7.0 Release Candidate 3 release
May 2nd, 2013
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the third (and hopefully last) release candidate of the installer for Debian 7.0
Improvements in this release of the installer
- finish-install: enable espeakup support in the installed system if speech synthesis was used during the installation process (#705599).
- grub2/os-prober: add entries for Windows Boot Manager found via UEFI (#698914).
- kmod: correctly parse kernel command-line parameters containing a dot (#689872).
Hardware support changes
- debian-installer: include virtio-modules for sparc platforms (#673320).
- udev: no longer blacklist the lxfb module, needed for OLPC XO systems (#705784).
- 73 languages are supported in this release.
- Full translation for 57 of them.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.