Debian Installer Jessie RC 3 release
April 19th, 2015
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the third release candidate of the installer for Debian 8
Improvements in this release of the installer
- Stop enabling backports by default (#764982).
- Disable e2fsck superblock time check if RTC is set to local time (#767040).
- Refresh mirrors list (now includes httpredir.debian.org as an official replacement of http.debian.net).
- Bump u-boot-tools to Recommends, so that network connectivity is no longer needed during hd-media installs on several armel, armhf, and arm64 platforms (#780994).
- Improve missing firmware detection to avoid false positives once firmwares have been loaded (#779546).
- Fix hang with DHCPv6 stateful addressing (#768188).
- Dont add any extra USB devices to /etc/fstab (#761815).
- Avoid duplicate entries in 70-persistent-net.rules (#765577).
Hardware support changes
- Add SD-card image build support for hd-media builds on armhf.
- Add SD-card image and tftpboot tarball build support for netboot builds on armhf.
- Add a symlink boot.scr.uimg in the armhf netboot.tar.gz to support network autoboot with modern u-boot versions.
- debian-installer, linux:
- powerpc: Add fb-modules udeb containing radeonfb driver (#782058).
- debian-installer, u-boot:
- armhf/u-boot-sunxi: Add support for Olimex A20-OLinuXino-MICRO and LinkSprite pcDuino3, and ship SD-card images for those.
- Pass the u-boot console variable to the kernel in bootscr.cubox-i and bootscr.wandboard (#782016).
- Add a machine db entry for the Wandboard Dual Lite / Solo.
- Fix UEFI boot failure with some firmware that returns incorrect paths (#735960).
- Use new G5 windfarm modules to avoid fans at full speed (#781936).
- 75 languages are supported in this release.
- Full translation for 22 of them.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.