Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 2 release
August 15th, 2015
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the second alpha release of the installer for Debian 9
Important change in this release of the installer
- The biggest change in this release is the update of the linux kernel, from the 4.0 series to the 4.1 one.
Other improvements in this release
- Fix missing
Advanced optionsfor multi-arch image (#793118).
- Replace ttf-cjk-compact-udeb with fonts-android-udeb (#794432). This should ensure no glyphs are missing for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Please report any issues with these languages!
- Fix missing
- Use DHCP by default on LaCie devices.
- Stop copying 70-persistent-* rules (net.ifnames is the default).
noticelog level for udevd in the installer.
- u-boot-sunxi: enable Mini-X target (#787266).
- Add support for Tegra Jetson TK-1 (#788689).
- u-boot now has fw_env.config examples for mx6cuboxi and wandboard (#786877).
- 75 languages are supported in this release.
- Full translation for 12 of them.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.