Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 3 release
September 13th, 2015
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the third alpha release of the installer for Debian 9
Important changes in this release
- Priorities were updated for a number of packages, which leads to a different package set being installed by default, as discussed in: Packages to install by default for Stretch.
- Fix non-preseeded Encrypted LVM installs (#793643).
Improvements in this release
- Add beep to UEFI x86 boot menu (#796591).
- Add 's' shortcut (for speech synthesis) to UEFI x86 boot menu.
- Multi-arch CD: Use ifcpu64.c32 to implement 64-bit detection, and rework the menus accordingly.
- Fix missing kernel and initramfs in armel and armhf images (#795844).
- Don't look for Linux USB net drivers under drivers/usb
- Use embedded module description for modules not listed in devnames-static.txt
- Exclude PHY drivers from list of net drivers.
- Remove the '8' from banner files to avoid confusion, as we're still using the Jessie theme for Stretch pre-releases (#793125).
Hardware support changes
- mips: Drop r4k-ip22, r5k-ip32, and sb1-bcm91250a images.
- mipsel: Drop sb1-bcm91250a images.
- [i386] Add gpio_keys_polled, leds-gpio to input-modules.
- Add virtio-input to input-modules.
- Add toshsd to mmc-modules.
- Add wd719x to scsi-extra-modules.
- Move eeprom_93cx6 to core-modules.
- Make scsi-extra-modules depend on core-modules.
- 75 languages are supported in this release.
- Full translation for 14 of them.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.