Installing with the Debian-Installer
For official Debian 9.2 installation media and information, see the stretch page.
All images linked below are for the version of Debian Installer being
developed for the next Debian release and will install Debian testing
buster) by default.
To install Debian testing, we recommend you use the Buster Alpha 1 release of the installer, after checking its errata. The following images are available for Buster Alpha 1:
Or install the current weekly snapshot of Debian testing which uses the same version of the installer as the last release:
Current weekly snapshots
Current daily snapshots
If any of the hardware in your system requires firmware to be loaded with the device driver, you can use one of the tarballs of common firmware packages. Instructions how to use the tarballs and general information about loading firmware during an installation can be found in the Installation Guide (see Documentation below).
- An architecture can be (temporarily) omitted from the overview of daily built images if daily builds are not (reliably) available.
- For the installation images, verification files (SHA256SUMS, SHA512SUMS and other) are available in the same directory as the images.
- For downloading full CD and DVD images the use of jigdo is recommended.
- Only a limited number of images from the CD and DVD sets is available as ISO files for direct download. Most users do not need all of the software available on all the discs, so to save space on download servers and mirrors the full sets are only available via jigdo.
- The multi-arch CD image supports i386/amd64; the installation is similar to installing from a single architecture netinst image.
- The multi-arch DVD image supports i386/amd64; the installation is similar to installing from a single architecture full CD image; the DVD also includes the source for all included packages.
After using the Debian-Installer, please send us an installation report, even if there weren't any problems.
If you read only one document before installing, read our Installation Howto, a quick walkthrough of the installation process. Other useful documentation includes:
- Installation Guide:
version for current release
latest version (Subversion)
detailed installation instructions
- Debian-Installer FAQ
and Debian-CD FAQ
common questions and answers
- Debian-Installer Wiki
community maintained documentation
The debian-boot mailing list is the main forum for discussion and work on Debian-Installer.
We also have an IRC channel, #debian-boot on irc.debian.org. This channel is used mainly for development, but occasionally for support. If you do not receive a response, try the mailing list instead.