Installing Debian 10.0
For installation images and documentation about how to install
(which is currently Testing), see
the Debian-Installer page.
To install Debian 10.0 (buster), download any of the following images (all i386 and amd64 CD/DVD images can be used on USB sticks too):
If any of the hardware in your system requires non-free firmware to be loaded with the device driver, you can use one of the tarballs of common firmware packages or download an unofficial image including these non-free firmwares. Instructions how to use the tarballs and general information about loading firmware during an installation can be found in the Installation Guide (see Documentation below).
- For downloading full CD and DVD images the use of BitTorrent or jigdo is recommended.
- For the less common architectures only a limited number of images from the CD and DVD sets is available as ISO file or via BitTorrent. The full sets are only available via jigdo.
- The multi-arch CD images support i386/amd64; the installation is similar to installing from a single architecture netinst image.
- The multi-arch DVD image supports i386/amd64; the installation is similar to installing from a single architecture full CD image; the DVD also includes the source for all included packages.
- For the installation images, verification files (SHA256SUMS, SHA512SUMS and other) are available from the same directory as the images.
If you read only one document before installing, read our Installation Howto, a quick walkthrough of the installation process. Other useful documentation includes:
- Buster Installation Guide
detailed installation instructions
- Debian-Installer FAQ
and Debian-CD FAQ
common questions and answers
- Debian-Installer Wiki
community maintained documentation
This is a list of known problems in the installer shipped with Debian 10.0. If you have experienced a problem installing Debian and do not see your problem listed here, please send us an installation report describing the problem or check the wiki for other known problems.
Errata for release 10.0
Improved versions of the installation system are being developed for the next Debian release, and can also be used to install buster. For details, see the Debian-Installer project page.